Kawasaki motorcyclist flown to hospital after Peugeot crash near Baylham Business Park on B1113, Suffolk
A motorcyclist has sustained “life-changing” injuries after a two-vehicle crash on the B1113 near Ipswich, police have said.
Emergency services including the air ambulance were called after a Kawasaki motorbike and a Peugeot were involved in a collision at around 1pm today.
The male motorcyclist suffered a “serious leg injury” and has been flown to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with “life-changing injuries”, a Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said.
A section of the road has been closed in both directions since the incident was reported and is likely to remain closed for another hour, police said in an update shortly before 3pm.
There have been no arrests as police continue to investigate the incident, which took place outside Baylham Business Park, according to police.
You may also want to watch:
Four fire engines also attended the scene. They included two fire engines attended from Princes Street in Ipswich, one from Debenham and one from Stowmarket, according to the Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service.
We will provide updates as soon as we receive them from the emergency services this afternoon.
- 1 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 2 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 3 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 4 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 5 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 6 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 7 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 8 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 9 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 10 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again