Keep fit at half term
YOUNGSTERS in Ipswich have been keeping fit at the start of the school half term break. They have been taking part in the Sports Academy Roadshow with more than 200 boys and girls attending the first of a series of sessions held yesterday at the Gainsborough Sports Centre.
YOUNGSTERS in Ipswich have been keeping fit at the start of the school half term break.
They have been taking part in the Sports Academy Roadshow with more than 200 boys and girls attending the first of a series of sessions held yesterday at the Gainsborough Sports Centre.
The event, which runs throughout the week, features top fitness instructor Lee Brady, karate world bronze medallist, Milo Hodge, and the Bootiedance Academy of Hip Hop.
Nino Severino, 37, the principal of the Sports Performance Academy, said: "The kids were really enthusiastic.
"The whole idea of it is to make them aware of the activities that are going on so they can join in. Otherwise they could be sitting at home or kicking about on the street. It shows they can have fun through sport and get involved. They really enjoyed it."
The youngsters tried out various moves including hip-hop during the two-hour event.
- 1 Man found dead as police and fire service called to Ipswich home
- 2 Train services in Suffolk cancelled after horses escape onto tracks
- 3 'Quietly confident' - Felixstowe Indian restaurant goes alcohol-free
- 4 Man turned up naked on woman's doorstep after Euros Final
- 5 Plans for flats in former Ipswich pub progress
- 6 Mapped: Where parasite dangerous to dogs has been reported in Suffolk
- 7 How it all unfolded in first-ever Super Heat at Foxhall
- 8 Busy Ipswich road reopens after small sinkhole is repaired
- 9 Severe delays on A14 as lane blocked on Orwell Bridge
- 10 Drivers urged to remove valuables from cars after nine thefts in a week
They also watched a karate demonstration and took part in a mini Champion of the Future Competition, followed by a presentation to the three winners.
The roadshow, which is being held in association with Ipswich Borough Council's Sport Development Unit and supported by The Evening Star, is taking place at a variety of other sports centres in the town.
Today they are at Maidenhall Sports Centre; tomorrow, Whitton Sports Centre from 9.30 to 11.30 am; Thursday at Chantry Sports Centre, from 2 to 4 pm; and Friday at the YMCA in Wellington Street from 10 am to noon.