Kesgrave High School is closed today due to major power failure
Kesgrave High School will be closed today after a major power failure.
The school tweeted on Sunday evening that the issue could not be fixed before today and said an update will be issued as soon as possible this morning.
It is not yet known what caused the power failure.
The school, on Main Road, tweeted: “School is closed on Monday - we have suffered a major power failure that cannot be fixed before tomorrow. Please share widely as email is down and I will update tomorrow as soon as possible. Mr Legg.”
It added: “All parents have received a @ParentMail informing them of the closure but please keep sharing, thank you. Mr Legg.”
You may also want to watch:
This morning, the school said on Twitter: “Suffolk Young Carer trip is postponed today - this will be rearranged ASAP. Mrs Dring.”
Keep up-to-date with all school closures today here.
Hedingham School and Sixth Form, in Halstead, will also be closed “due to adverse weather conditions forecast”.
- 1 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 2 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 3 Two arrested after man assaulted in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 5 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 6 'Microshop' selling only American candy opens in Ipswich
- 7 School in Ipswich takes 'decisive action' to make rapid improvements
- 8 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 9 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 10 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich