Boy, 11, in serious condition after Audi and bike collide in Kesgrave
- Credit: Archant
An 11-year-old boy is still seriously ill in hospital he was involved in an accident with an Audi in Kesgrave.
The accident happened at around 6.50pm on Thursday, June 6, in Bell Lane, Ipswich.
A car, a black Audi, was travelling towards Kesgrave when it was involved in a collision with a bicycle close to the junction with Foxhall Road.
At least three police cars attended the scene of the collision, which happened close to a side entrance to the Foxhall Stadium stock car and speedway track.
The cyclist - an 11-year-old boy - sustained serious head injuries and was airlifted to hospital by the East Anglian Air Ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
He remains in hospital in a serious but stable condition.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said last night that the incident is not being treated as suspicious.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 5 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
- 6 Felixstowe's mayor offers reassurance following lorry park death arrests
- 7 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 'I will miss her enormously' - husband's tribute to NHS hero Carol
- 10 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
Any witnesses to this collision, or anyone with any information, are asked to contact the Roads and Armed Policing Team at Suffolk Police on 101 quoting CAD 361 of 6 June.
Previous reports stated that the boy involved in the collision was 10 years old.