Kesgrave man charged with making indecent images of children and possessing extreme pornography
- Credit: PA
A Kesgrave man has appeared in court charged with five offences of making indecent images of a child and possessing extreme pornography.
Colin Dowsett, of St Crispins Close, did not enter a plea when he appeared before South East Suffolk Magistrates Court in Ipswich.
The 60-year-old is accused of having nearly 2,800 indecent images of children.
He is also accused of possessing an image portraying a person performing an act of intercourse with a live unknown animal.
Prosecutor Colette Harper said the case was not suitable for trial at magistrates court due to the seriousness of the charges and the number of Category A images – the most serious grading for child pornography.
Dowsett’s case was committed to Ipswich Crown Court.
His next appearance is scheduled for June 25.
- 1 See inside £1.65m Ipswich home with swimming pool and games room
- 2 Ipswich girl with cyst on brain struggling to get diagnosis
- 3 7 things around Ipswich which are among the best in the country
- 4 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 5 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 6 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 7 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 8 5 new places to eat and drink in Woodbridge this year
- 9 Man dies after being found unresponsive in Sudbury river
- 10 'We're blown away' - Classic car show visits care home after roadworks setback
Dowsett was told his trial window was between October 26 and December 4.
At the end of the hearing he was released on conditional bail.