Kesgrave parkrun ‘rap video’ goes viral
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
A video of a Kesgrave parkrun organiser rapping before the event has gone viral.
The Facebook video of the impromptu rap gained more than 25,000 views within 24 hours on Saturday morning. It currently has over 33,000 hits.
Simon Goldsmith, an Elvis impersonator and a delivery driver from Kesgrave, freestyled in front of over 350 bemused but impressed participants before his usual pre-race briefing on Saturday morning.
The free, 5k fun run is held every week at Millennium Jubilee Hall in Millennium Field, Kesgrave.
Mr Goldsmith, who later dubbed himself as Doctor Dre on Facebook, wrote in a short message to runners: “The ‘rap’ briefing. I’m sorry and old enough to know better.”
You may also want to watch:
A total of 358 runners took part in the Kesgrave parkrun on Saturday morning.
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 3 Christmas light DJ to open new Ipswich bar
- 4 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 5 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 6 'Horror movie script' - Waterfront lounge bar plans rejected again
- 7 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 8 Watchdog upholds mother's complaint about handling of son's special education needs
- 9 Felixstowe to get £1million 'beach village' with new attractions
- 10 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved