Kesgrave: Schoolboy taken to hospital after being knocked off his bike by a car
- Credit: Archant
Police are on the hunt for a driver that drove off after crashing into a boy on his bike on the way to school.
The collision happened at approximately 8:15am this morning on Main Road, Kesgrave, by the bus stop near to the subway under road access to Kesgrave High School.
A boy was cycling to the school on the cycle track on the pavement when a silver car - described as very dirty and an old style estate - mounted the pavement to turn around.
The car stuck the boy, hitting him on the leg and knocking him over. The vehicle then drove off.
The boy has been taken to Ipswich Hospital, although his injuries are not serious.
You may also want to watch:
Police would like to speak with the driver of the silver car, anyone who recognises the description of the vehicle or anyone who witnessed the incident.
If you have any information relating to this incident, please call the Kesgrave and District Safer Neighbourhood Team on 101.
- 1 Police want to trace man in connection with Waterfront sexual assault
- 2 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 3 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 4 Work finally starts on the Ipswich Garden Suburb after decades of debate
- 5 70-year-old woman arrested in connection with human trafficking offences
- 6 Man and woman arrested after Ipswich stabbing
- 7 Life sentence for Hartshorne-Jones who shot wife dead at home
- 8 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 9 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 10 Farmfoods set to move in as Aldi confirms closure of store on Ipswich estate