Kesgrave: Singer Simon Tricker returns to home county
HE’S a singing sensation who’s taking to the stage to prove he can do it his way.
Crooner Simon Tricker is touring the region with his new show To Be Frank, a tribute to singing legend Frank Sinatra.
Simon, 30, began singing at the age of 15 and first fell in love with Sinatra’s style when he was singing at holiday parks.
After his holiday park experience, Simon, from Kesgrave, worked for Thomas Cook in Fuerteventura, before being called back for an even bigger opportunity – becoming one third of vocal harmony boyband, Limited Edition. The group toured the UK and released an album, but now Simon has returned to his home county and his swinging roots with his Sinatra tribute act.
“Sinatra has always been my idol and I suppose I’m trying to follow in his footsteps,” he said. “That old school entertainment when people would go out for a meal and he’d entertain them, that’s what I’m trying to recreate.”
You may also want to watch:
Visit www.simontricker.co.uk to find out more about To Be Frank, including his next show at Aqua Eight on August 31.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 4 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 10 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich