Watch as Kevin Beattie’s funeral procession passes along Portman Road
- Credit: ARCHANT
The funeral of Ipswich Town legend, Kevin Beattie takes place today and the procession has passed by Portman Road.
Crowds of fans have lined the streets outside Town’s home ground to pay their respects to the greatest ever Ipswich player.
Suffolk County Council arranged for road works to be paused and car parks to be temporarily closed while the procession passed.
A spokesman said: “Suffolk Highways has contacted ITFC to offer support and to help minimise disruption whilst Kevin Beattie’s funeral procession takes place later today.
“We have spoken to utilities operating in the area to ensure they are aware of the procession and manage this appropriately. As a sign of respect, our teams on site will ‘down tools’ whilst the procession is in play.”
The procession will travel on to Seven Hills Crematorium for a private ceremony for his close friends and family.
- 1 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 2 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 3 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 4 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 5 Motorist angry over £100 'fine' at Ipswich car park
- 6 A12 partially reopens after crash near Copdock Interchange
- 7 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 8 Take a look inside 15th Century farmhouse near Ipswich up for sale
- 9 Stowmarket man with foot fetish sexually assaulted woman
- 10 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days