Kids have fun improving maths
IT may be all over but the World Cup will prove a lasting memory for Suffolk schoolchildren.That is because they have been taking part in special maths lessons throughout this school year in which they have been aided by staff from Btexact Technologies.
IT may be all over but the World Cup will prove a lasting memory for Suffolk schoolchildren.
That is because they have been taking part in special maths lessons throughout this school year in which they have been aided by staff from Btexact Technologies.
Volunteers from the company have helped children to improve their numeracy skills and to celebrate the end of the scheme, a 'World Cup Maths' event was held at Adastral Park, Martlesham.
Nine schools – Birchwood Primary, Bucklesham Primary, Gorseland Primary, Heath Primary, Ravenswood Primary, Nacton Primary, Waldringfield Primary, Bawdsey Primary and Bealings Primary took part in the venture with six pupils from each school involved.
You may also want to watch:
Pupils and teachers took part in charity fund-raising games with all money raised donated to TEECH the 2002 Romania Appeal.
The Suffolk Education Business Partnership is a joint initiative of Suffolk County Council's Education Department, Suffolk Learning and Skills Council and Suffolk Businesses.
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 4 Ipswich landlord fined £4K for leaving mountain of rubbish outside property
- 5 Police investigate illegal Kesgrave bike jumps
- 6 Felixstowe beach hut sells for record price of £65k within hours
- 7 Man, 71, downloaded child porn after accident affected his sex life
- 8 Police deal with spate of incidents in Ipswich
- 9 Dog to be put down after biting three people in Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich woman drove at 78mph during police chase around town