Kids have fun improving maths
IT may be all over but the World Cup will prove a lasting memory for Suffolk schoolchildren.That is because they have been taking part in special maths lessons throughout this school year in which they have been aided by staff from Btexact Technologies.
IT may be all over but the World Cup will prove a lasting memory for Suffolk schoolchildren.
That is because they have been taking part in special maths lessons throughout this school year in which they have been aided by staff from Btexact Technologies.
Volunteers from the company have helped children to improve their numeracy skills and to celebrate the end of the scheme, a 'World Cup Maths' event was held at Adastral Park, Martlesham.
Nine schools – Birchwood Primary, Bucklesham Primary, Gorseland Primary, Heath Primary, Ravenswood Primary, Nacton Primary, Waldringfield Primary, Bawdsey Primary and Bealings Primary took part in the venture with six pupils from each school involved.
You may also want to watch:
Pupils and teachers took part in charity fund-raising games with all money raised donated to TEECH the 2002 Romania Appeal.
The Suffolk Education Business Partnership is a joint initiative of Suffolk County Council's Education Department, Suffolk Learning and Skills Council and Suffolk Businesses.
- 1 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 2 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 3 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 5 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 6 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 7 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 8 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 9 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 10 Police make third arrest following Nacton stabbing