Killed pedestrian was caring man
TRIBUTE has today been paid to an “honest and caring” Ipswich dad who was killed trying to help a motorist.Rodoljub Stojanovic, 53, of Boyton Road, died following a collision with a car on an A12 slip road on Friday, April 28.
TRIBUTE has today been paid to an “honest and caring” Ipswich dad who was killed trying to help a motorist.
Rodoljub Stojanovic, 53, of Boyton Road, died following a collision with a car on an A12 slip road on Friday, April 28.
Police are still unsure how the accident happened although it is thought Mr Stojanovic was helping someone whose car had broken down.
His friend, Michael Hammond, today paid tribute to him saying it had been a “privilege” to know Mr Stojanovic for 12 years.
“He would do anything for his family,” said Mr Hammond, of Sandringham Road.
“He worked full-time in a local factory, that alone would tire most men but he also worked evenings.
- 1 Fire breaks out in café near Ipswich town centre
- 2 Child taken to hospital after collision with car in Ipswich
- 3 Car carrying three passengers not wearing seatbelts stopped on A12
- 4 Hopes Summertime Ipswich firework display will go ahead
- 5 New doughnut and coffee chain opening in Ipswich shopping centre
- 6 Fire at waste centre near Ipswich believed to have been started by battery
- 7 Live updates as Suffolk students pick up their A-Level results
- 8 Pride as Ipswich A Level students celebrate results
- 9 Road near Ipswich flooded as drivers forced to find alternative routes
- 10 Tom Hunt condemns Islamophobia after Ipswich Tory's retweets
“Many people will remember him with great fondness.
“It is a sad loss to all who knew him,” he added.
Mr Stojanovic had been walking along the A12 slip road leading onto the Harwich-bound A120 when he was involved in a collision with a blue Vauxhall Astra driven by a 24-year-old Colchester man.
It is believed Mr Stojanovic had driven with a second person to help a friend whose car had broken down.
Police and paramedics battled to save Mr Stojanovic but he died shortly after the accident.