Killed pedestrian was caring man
TRIBUTE has today been paid to an “honest and caring” Ipswich dad who was killed trying to help a motorist.Rodoljub Stojanovic, 53, of Boyton Road, died following a collision with a car on an A12 slip road on Friday, April 28.
TRIBUTE has today been paid to an “honest and caring” Ipswich dad who was killed trying to help a motorist.
Rodoljub Stojanovic, 53, of Boyton Road, died following a collision with a car on an A12 slip road on Friday, April 28.
Police are still unsure how the accident happened although it is thought Mr Stojanovic was helping someone whose car had broken down.
His friend, Michael Hammond, today paid tribute to him saying it had been a “privilege” to know Mr Stojanovic for 12 years.
You may also want to watch:
“He would do anything for his family,” said Mr Hammond, of Sandringham Road.
“He worked full-time in a local factory, that alone would tire most men but he also worked evenings.
- 1 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 2 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 3 Ipswich council faces financial black hole over empty BHS store
- 4 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 5 Man dies after being struck by lorry near A12
- 6 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 7 Driver presses ahead with police complaint despite losing speeding trial
- 8 Royal Mail confirms removal of Ipswich postbox
- 9 Ipswich train services cancelled due to signalling system fault
- 10 New details emerge about diesel spill which closed A14 for 12 hours
“Many people will remember him with great fondness.
“It is a sad loss to all who knew him,” he added.
Mr Stojanovic had been walking along the A12 slip road leading onto the Harwich-bound A120 when he was involved in a collision with a blue Vauxhall Astra driven by a 24-year-old Colchester man.
It is believed Mr Stojanovic had driven with a second person to help a friend whose car had broken down.
Police and paramedics battled to save Mr Stojanovic but he died shortly after the accident.