Man arrested over drug-dealing offences in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A man in his 20s has been arrested in Ipswich on drug offences after his car was stopped by police.
Officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team stopped the car in Kings Way at around 11am on Wednesday morning.
The male driver fled from police but was found in a nearby garden by police a short time later.
Police recovered a package containing a number of wraps, thought to Class A drugs, at the scene.
The 24-year-old man from Luton was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply Class A drugs and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
He has been bailed to return to police on June 23.
- 1 Teenager seriously injured in Ipswich stabbing
- 2 Aldi to retain Whitton Meredith Road store after taking it off the market
- 3 New mass vaccination centre in Ipswich opens today
- 4 Danger warning after seal pup rescued from fishing net by member of public
- 5 Police continue to investigate stabbing of teenager
- 6 Police on scene of 'ongoing incident' in Ipswich cul-de-sac
- 7 Teenage drug dealer carrying knuckleduster spared jail
- 8 Suffolk gets its first ever Michelin Star
- 9 Covid rips through Suffolk care homes again with deaths up 50% in a week
- 10 Coronavirus case rates in Suffolk continue to fall below national average