Kirton man James Heathcote appears in court charged with rape in Felixstowe
- Credit: Gregg Brown
A man from Kirton has appeared in court charged with the rape of a woman in Felixstowe more than 10 years ago.
James Heathcote, 28, of Paddock Court, Kirton, appeared today, Monday, April 24, at South East Suffolk Magistrates’ Court in Ipswich charged with the rape of a woman aged 16 years or older.
The alleged incident is said to have taken place sometime between Tuesday, September 12, and Thursday, October 12, 2006, in Felixstowe.
During the brief 10-minute magistrates hearing, Heathcote, who was wearing a grey suit, spoke only to confirm his name, address and date of birth.
Magistrates told the court the case could not be dealt with by magistrates and needed to be seen at Crown Court.
You may also want to watch:
Heathcote will next appear for a plea and trial preparation hearing at Ipswich Crown Court on Monday, May 22.
He was released on unconditional bail until his next court appearance.
- 1 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 2 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 3 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 4 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 5 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 6 Matchday Recap: Aluko brace not enough as Blues draw at Cambridge
- 7 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 8 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'
- 9 Semi-pro footballer ready to kickstart Football Fun Factory in Ipswich
- 10 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15