Kitchen fire breaks out in flat

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a kitchen fire on the fifth floor of a block of Ipswich flats today.Two fire crews, along with a turntable ladder, were despatched after the blaze, which broke out in Vernon Street, was reported just before 3.50pm.

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a kitchen fire on the fifth floor of a block of Ipswich flats today.

Two fire crews, along with a turntable ladder, were despatched after the blaze, which broke out in Vernon Street, was reported just before 3.50pm.

The fire was extinguished shortly after their arrival and the smoke-logged apartment was ventilated.

No one was injured during the incident but two adults and two children were temporarily evacuated from the building.

Mark Cragg, leading fire fighter at Prince's Street, said: “This shows how important it is to have a working smoke alarm in your property that is tested regularly.”

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter