Kitchen fire caused after cooker left on

FIREFIGHTERS tackled a small blaze in a kitchen in Surbiton Road, Ipswich, today after the homeowner left her gas hob on.Two crews from Princes Street attended the scene at 8.15am.

FIREFIGHTERS tackled a small blaze in a kitchen in Surbiton Road, Ipswich, today after the homeowner left her gas hob on.

Two crews from Princes Street attended the scene at 8.15am and used one hose reel to extinguish the flames, which were out by 8.35am.

The woman left the house to go to work but luckily a vigilant neighbour spotted the fire through the window and alerted the fire crew.

The woman, who did not wished to be named said: “I am very grateful to my neighbour and the firefighters. It was very lucky she spotted it or I might not have a house now.”

The damage was confined to the cooker as the fire was caught at an early stage.

Most Read

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter