Firefighters tackle kitchen blaze in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters have tackled a kitchen blaze in Ipswich - which is thought to have started when a dishwasher caught fire.
Two crews from Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service attended the scene in Dale Hall Lane after receiving reports of the fire at around 1.15pm this afternoon, Saturday May 25.
A spokesman for the fire service said there were no reports of any injuries.
He said: "We had two appliances there with two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus to tackle the blaze.
"It looks like it was a dishwasher that had caught on fire.
You may also want to watch:
"The dishwasher has now been removed from the property and the electricity has been isolated."
He added that the fire had been extinguished and a stop called to the incident at around 1.45pm.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 4 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 5 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 7 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 8 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 10 Ed Sheeran self-isolating after testing positive for Covid