Kitchen fire in Ipswich extinguished

Fire crews from Diss attended the incident

Fire crews from Diss attended the incident

A fire inside an Ipswich home was extinguished by crews this afternoon.

Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service was notified of the incident, in Parliament Road, at 3.26pm.

Two crews from Princes Street were mobilised to the property and used two sets of breathing apparatus and one hose reel jet to extinguish the blaze, in the kitchen.

A spokesman for the service said the incident was under control by 3.43pm and that all fire personnel had left the scene 15 minutes later.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter