Search

Kitchen fire at Ipswich flat

PUBLISHED: 17:29 03 November 2018 | UPDATED: 17:29 03 November 2018

One engine was sent from the Princes Street fire station to fight the fire. Picture: PHIL KING

One engine was sent from the Princes Street fire station to fight the fire. Picture: PHIL KING

Archant

Two people have been treated for smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire at a flat in Ipswich.

The fire broke out in Ancaster road, near Gippeswyk Road, near to Ipswich train station.

Firefighters were called around 2pm to the scene and extinguished the fire upon arrival.

Two people at the scene were treated after inhaling smoke from the fire but no paramedics were called to assist.

The fire was extinguished by 2.45pm when firefighters left the scene.


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Ipswich Star. Click the link in the yellow box below for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years, through good times and bad, serving as your advocate and trusted source of local information. Our industry is facing testing times, which is why I’m asking for your support. Every single contribution will help us continue to produce award-winning local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Thank you.

Most Read

Most Read

Latest from the Ipswich Star