Kitchen fire at Ipswich flat

One engine was sent from the Princes Street fire station to fight the fire. Picture: PHIL KING

One engine was sent from the Princes Street fire station to fight the fire. Picture: PHIL KING - Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto

Two people have been treated for smoke inhalation after a kitchen fire at a flat in Ipswich.

The fire broke out in Ancaster road, near Gippeswyk Road, near to Ipswich train station.

Firefighters were called around 2pm to the scene and extinguished the fire upon arrival.

Two people at the scene were treated after inhaling smoke from the fire but no paramedics were called to assist.

The fire was extinguished by 2.45pm when firefighters left the scene.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter