Knife raider strikes at Co-op
ARMED robber escapes with four-figure sum of cash and injures worker during raid in Clacton.
POLICE are hunting an armed robber who held up a Co-op with a knife.
The suspect left the Coopers Lane Co-op in Clacton with a four figure sum of cash from the till.
Police are appealing for information about the robbery which happened shortly before 10pm last night.
The manager of the shop, a 29-year-old man, received a superficial wound to his arm during the incident.
The suspect is described as white, aged in his late 20s, of skinny build, and was wearing a white baseball cap, a long black jacket, jeans and trainers.
It is believed that he made off on foot along an alleyway which runs through Trunette Road.
- 1 Man detained after early morning incident in Ipswich road
- 2 Firefighters called to Ipswich house fire
- 3 Baby and toddler retailer Mamas & Papas set for Ipswich return
- 4 7 roadworks for drivers in Suffolk to be aware of this week
- 5 Woman injured after leg bitten by dog in Ipswich
- 6 Man who stole over £1,000 in power tools jailed for 876 days
- 7 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
- 8 New 99-room Ipswich Travelodge expected to open next year
- 9 Some East of England Co-op stores unable to take cash
- 10 Men charged with heroin and crack cocaine offences in Ipswich
Anyone with information is asked to contact Clacton CID on 0300 333 4444.