Knife raider strikes at Co-op
ARMED robber escapes with four-figure sum of cash and injures worker during raid in Clacton.
POLICE are hunting an armed robber who held up a Co-op with a knife.
The suspect left the Coopers Lane Co-op in Clacton with a four figure sum of cash from the till.
Police are appealing for information about the robbery which happened shortly before 10pm last night.
The manager of the shop, a 29-year-old man, received a superficial wound to his arm during the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The suspect is described as white, aged in his late 20s, of skinny build, and was wearing a white baseball cap, a long black jacket, jeans and trainers.
It is believed that he made off on foot along an alleyway which runs through Trunette Road.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 4 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 5 How Ipswich are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 Trial set for man who robbed mum of her handbag
- 9 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers
- 10 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
Anyone with information is asked to contact Clacton CID on 0300 333 4444.