Knight to remember
HE came, he played and he conquered.Elton John's performance at Portman Road in Ipswich was every bit the memorable musical feast it was expected to be.
HE came, he played and he conquered.
Elton John's performance at Portman Road in Ipswich was every bit the memorable musical feast it was expected to be.
For two and a half hours he had an audience of more than 23,000 in raptures with a faultless performance of many of the songs from his 30-plus year career that have established him as the legend he is today.
And there's the promise of more to come.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich Town Football Club has assured that it will not be another 12 year wait until music is back at Portman Road.
Though the post-concert clear up is still going on, the club is already looking ahead to next summer and the possibility of a two-week festival at which more artists, of an equal calibre to Elton, will perform.
- 1 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 2 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 3 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 4 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 5 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 6 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 7 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 8 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
That's music to Ipswich's ears.
See tonight's Evening Star for Elton John special