Knight to remember
HE came, he played and he conquered.Elton John's performance at Portman Road in Ipswich was every bit the memorable musical feast it was expected to be.
HE came, he played and he conquered.
Elton John's performance at Portman Road in Ipswich was every bit the memorable musical feast it was expected to be.
For two and a half hours he had an audience of more than 23,000 in raptures with a faultless performance of many of the songs from his 30-plus year career that have established him as the legend he is today.
And there's the promise of more to come.
Ipswich Town Football Club has assured that it will not be another 12 year wait until music is back at Portman Road.
Though the post-concert clear up is still going on, the club is already looking ahead to next summer and the possibility of a two-week festival at which more artists, of an equal calibre to Elton, will perform.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Look inside stunning £950k home close to Christchurch Park in Ipswich
- 6 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Ipswich man found with indecent images of children is facing jail
That's music to Ipswich's ears.
See tonight's Evening Star for Elton John special