Knight to remember
HE came, he played and he conquered.Elton John's performance at Portman Road in Ipswich was every bit the memorable musical feast it was expected to be.
HE came, he played and he conquered.
Elton John's performance at Portman Road in Ipswich was every bit the memorable musical feast it was expected to be.
For two and a half hours he had an audience of more than 23,000 in raptures with a faultless performance of many of the songs from his 30-plus year career that have established him as the legend he is today.
And there's the promise of more to come.
You may also want to watch:
Ipswich Town Football Club has assured that it will not be another 12 year wait until music is back at Portman Road.
Though the post-concert clear up is still going on, the club is already looking ahead to next summer and the possibility of a two-week festival at which more artists, of an equal calibre to Elton, will perform.
- 1 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 2 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 3 Women facing prison after admitting robbery in Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich man charged with dangerous driving following Audi crash in Norwich Road
- 5 Will Ipswich betting shop be turned into fish and chip shop?
- 6 Car crashes into cafe closing Ipswich road
- 7 Ipswich traffic measure 'on its way out' as petition launched
- 8 Rolling road block put in place on A14 after concerns for safety
- 9 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 10 Men sentenced for 'vicious' attack in Ipswich churchyard
That's music to Ipswich's ears.
See tonight's Evening Star for Elton John special