Range Rover Evoque drives the wrong way down the A12 during police chase near Marks Tey in Essex
- Credit: Archant
A Range Rover drove the wrong way down the A12 and crashed into a car during a police pursuit in Essex today.
Officers had tried to stop the Black Range Rover Evoque on the A12 southbound near Marks Tey at around 1.15pm when it sped off.
The car got off the A12 at Marks Tey, drove into Copford and towards the Tollgate Retail Park before heading down the wrong way of the A12.
The Range Rover was then in collision with a Blue Honda Jazz at the Tollgate roundabout, fleeing the scene of the crash towards the southbound A12.
The driver of the Honda escaped the crash uninjured.
You may also want to watch:
Police officers decided to end the pursuit for safety reasons.
A 30-year-old woman was later arrested in London Road, Colchester, on suspicion of taking a vehicle without the consent of its owner and is currently in custody being questioned.
- 1 The Walk in Ipswich town centre cordoned off by police
- 2 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Life sentence for man who stabbed and left woman in field near Ipswich
- 4 'I'm very lucky' – Ipswich biker-chef lost arm and hand in A14 crash
- 5 'Devious' Ipswich doctor jailed for sending fake texts to flatmate
- 6 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 7 Ipswich Town fan banned from Portman Road for racially abusing player
- 8 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 9 250 Ipswich patients fined after failing to pay for their prescriptions
- 10 'We don't want them here' - Work continues to make Maple Park safer
Anyone who saw the Range Rover Evoque or has any information about it is asked to contact Stanway Roads Policing Unit on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.