Range Rover Evoque drives the wrong way down the A12 during police chase near Marks Tey in Essex
- Credit: Archant
A Range Rover drove the wrong way down the A12 and crashed into a car during a police pursuit in Essex today.
Officers had tried to stop the Black Range Rover Evoque on the A12 southbound near Marks Tey at around 1.15pm when it sped off.
The car got off the A12 at Marks Tey, drove into Copford and towards the Tollgate Retail Park before heading down the wrong way of the A12.
The Range Rover was then in collision with a Blue Honda Jazz at the Tollgate roundabout, fleeing the scene of the crash towards the southbound A12.
The driver of the Honda escaped the crash uninjured.
Police officers decided to end the pursuit for safety reasons.
A 30-year-old woman was later arrested in London Road, Colchester, on suspicion of taking a vehicle without the consent of its owner and is currently in custody being questioned.
- 1 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 2 Man stabbed in back and sides in Ipswich attack
- 3 Two arrests made following stabbing
- 4 'We're lucky to get her back' - Drone finds missing Pinky after 17 days
- 5 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 6 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 7 Serving police officer appears in court over alleged misconduct offence
- 8 Baby Elsie in ship-shape despite dramatic birth in car at Sutton Hoo
- 9 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 10 Alleyway near Ipswich town centre remains sealed off after serious assault
Anyone who saw the Range Rover Evoque or has any information about it is asked to contact Stanway Roads Policing Unit on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.