Langer: Heroes turn up for class to celebrate school’s 100th anniversary
YOUNGSTERS at Langer Primary Academy have dressed up as their favourite heroes and heroines from the last 100 years to celebrate the school’s centenary year.
More than 150 pupils dressed up for the event, which happened last Tuesday, with historical figures including Anne Frank and Mother Teresa being depicted.
There were heroes from more recent times including sportsmen and women on the day and some superheroes were also represented as well.
Sue Cross, the academy’s headteacher, said: “It went very well and there was an air of great excitement in the school all day.”
Pupils at the school are currently learning more about heroes over the last 100 years, which is why the day was arranged.
It is also hoped there will be more special events during the year to celebrate the centenary.
One recent event saw former members of staff and pupils return to the school to talk to the current students about what life was like at the school when they were there.
- 1 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 2 Adventure Golf attraction set to make way for new homes
- 3 Search for new Post Office in east Ipswich
- 4 Cocaine dealers involved in 'Bash' drugs line in Suffolk are jailed
- 5 Felixstowe man who trashed his ex's home ordered to pay compensation
- 6 Teen taken to hospital with serious injuries after Ipswich crash
- 7 Teen fractured taxi driver's skull in 'shocking display of violence'
- 8 Five forgotten Ipswich music venues and what they are now
- 9 'Real vote of confidence' - New Travelodge starts building work by stadium
- 10 Revealed: The Indian restaurants in Ipswich with five-star hygiene ratings
? What are your memories of the school? Contact the Felixstowe Star office by calling 01394 284109 or 01394 270425.