Last chance to comment on housing plans
THERE are just two days to go for people to have their say on where 1,620 new homes should be built on the Felixstowe peninsula.Campaigners have organised last-minute information meetings as concern continues that few people still know of the possibility of large swathes of countryside being taken for housing.
THERE are just two days to go for people to have their say on where 1,620 new homes should be built on the Felixstowe peninsula.
Campaigners have organised last-minute information meetings as concern continues that few people still know of the possibility of large swathes of countryside being taken for housing.
The deadline for people to take part in the consultation is Friday.
Liberal Democrat councillor Mike Ninnmey said: “It is vital people give their views to Suffolk Coastal by Friday because after that the district council will decide the general areas where the housing will go, and that could be the countryside off Gulpher Road.
“To put so much housing at the end of a peninsula with such appalling infrastructure and destroying countryside within cycling and walking distance of the community has to be examined further.”
- 1 Gucci items hidden in Asda stores across the country
- 2 Apology for Ipswich pub landlords after 'insensitive LGBT+ comments'
- 3 'A lovely green space' - race against time to buy mini-Ipswich woodland
- 4 'My life is hard enough' - Suffolk disabled dad struggles to repair home
- 5 ‘I thought I was going to die’ - Woman feels let down after spiking
- 6 9 Ipswich restaurants we wish had never closed
- 7 'Quirky and memorable' name for new café and visitor centre revealed
- 8 Emergency roadworks on busy Ipswich street to fix leaking water main
- 9 Man acted as lookout while accomplice robbed Ipswich store
- 10 6 ice rinks to visit in Norfolk and Suffolk this Christmas
Campaigners are holding a drop-in information session at Christ Church (previously Cavendish Community Church), Grange Farm Avenue, Felixstowe, tomorrow from 2pm to 5pm, and then a meeting with a regional planning expert from 7.30pm to 9.30pm.
Then on Friday from 1pm to 5pm there will be another drop-in at the Walton Church Hall, opposite St Mary's Church, Walton High Street, Felixstowe.
Comments can be sent via an on-line form at www.suffolkcoastal.gov.uk or to LDF team, Suffolk Coastal District Council, Melton Hill, Woodbridge IP12 1AU.