Stores open later for extra Christmas shopping
- Credit: LUCY TAYLOR PHOTOGRAPHY
Need extra time to finalise your festive shopping? There are a number of places in Ipswich keeping their doors open that little bit longer in the run up to Christmas.
Late night shopping takes place on Thursdays leading up to Christmas - with December 13 and December 21 the last two remaining late shopping events.
It means you can avoid the hustle and bustle of weekends in the town centre, and savour your lunch breaks during this stressful time and instead head to the shops once the majority of the crowds have died down.
Many shops in the town will be open until 8pm or 9pm.
Here are a list of just some of the shops you can go to, and how late they will be closing.
•Buttermarket 9pm (times for individual shops can be found on their website)
•Sailmakers 9pm (times for individual shops can be found on their website)
•Marks & Spencer 9pm
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 3 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 4 New Venezuelan restaurant to bring fusion of flavour to Ipswich
- 5 Company fined £12,000 for repeatedly failing to clear Ipswich flat's waste
- 6 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 7 Community calls for action as two questioned over Ipswich stabbing
- 8 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 9 Food review: ‘The Botanist in Ipswich lives up to the hype’
- 10 Transport is patients' top priority in new medical centre plans
For information on where to park during Christmas shopping in the town, visit the Council’s website.