Stores open later for extra Christmas shopping
- Credit: LUCY TAYLOR PHOTOGRAPHY
Need extra time to finalise your festive shopping? There are a number of places in Ipswich keeping their doors open that little bit longer in the run up to Christmas.
Late night shopping takes place on Thursdays leading up to Christmas - with December 13 and December 21 the last two remaining late shopping events.
It means you can avoid the hustle and bustle of weekends in the town centre, and savour your lunch breaks during this stressful time and instead head to the shops once the majority of the crowds have died down.
Many shops in the town will be open until 8pm or 9pm.
Here are a list of just some of the shops you can go to, and how late they will be closing.
•Buttermarket 9pm (times for individual shops can be found on their website)
•Sailmakers 9pm (times for individual shops can be found on their website)
You may also want to watch:
•Marks & Spencer 9pm
- 1 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 2 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 3 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 4 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 5 60-acre logistic park off A14 approved
- 6 Man admits exposing himself to women in park near Felixstowe
- 7 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 8 High winds close Ipswich festival event temporarily
- 9 Anger at 'death trap' road in Pinewood
- 10 Ed Sheeran announces Christmas show supporting young Suffolk musicians
For information on where to park during Christmas shopping in the town, visit the Council’s website.