Latest: Ipswich man among three charged with kidnap, blackmail and false imprisonment after secret Met Police raid
- Credit: Archant
A man from Ipswich was one of three arrested in an evening raid by the Metropolitan Police’s Kidnap Unit in the town on Sunday.
And the force has confirmed a person “is now safe” as a result of the secret operation.
At around 7pm officers from the specialist unit closed off St George’s Street and entered a house to the shock of people living nearby.
The team, armed with guns and carrying shields, was there for around an hour but since then few details have emerged about what was going on.
It was revealed on Tuesday that three men were arrested during the raid and yesterday a spokesman for the Met said the trio had all appeared at Hammersmith Magistrates’ Court that day.
Razak Akander, aged 20 from Ipswich, and 22-year-old Kavin Gatore and 20-year-old Tyrone Kane, both from Clerkenwell, were charged on June 16 with false imprisonment, kidnap and blackmail.
They have all been remanded in custody to appear at Isleworth Crown Court on July 1.
Due to the sensitive nature of the operation, which is still ongoing, the Met were unable to release any details about the person rescued during the raid.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 3 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 4 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 5 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 6 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 7 Lorry overturned on roundabout closes A14 near Felixstowe
- 8 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 9 Did you know these 10 pubs were open in Ipswich?
- 10 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products