A14 eastbound disruption expected to continue until 11pm - stretch between Nacton and Sevenhills remains closed
- Credit: SUZANNE DAY
A stretch of the eastbound A14 from Nacton (J57) to Sevenhills (J58) remains closed - but the Orwell bridge is open.
That’s the latest from Highways England on the traffic chaos currently hitting Ipswich.
According to its website, the road is expected to clear between 10.45pm and 11pm.
A spokesman said on Twitter: “A14 remains closed eastbound between J57 (Nacton, Priory Heath A1189) and J58 (Lowestoft, Woodbridge A12) due to the overturned HGV.
“Please be aware of severe delays, which are now back to J53 near Whitton. Roads in and around Ipswich are also heavily congested.”
You may also want to watch:
According to a spokesman, the overturned lorry which sparked today’s traffic problems has been righted and put back on its wheels although the carriageway remains closed eastbound.
Asked for clarification, a spokesman for Suffolk police said: “The westbound A14 has been completely unaffected and is completely open. “Eastbound, between Wherstead and Nacton, one lane is open.
- 1 Ipswich pharmacy first to offer Covid vaccinations
- 2 Ipswich schoolgirl, aged 14, missing
- 3 Hot Sausage Company launches cook-at-home meal kits
- 4 Infection rates continue to tumble across Suffolk and Essex
- 5 CCTV appeal after £400 of distraction thefts targeting elderly
- 6 New Combat2Coffee venue set to open in Ipswich town centre
- 7 Driver in court over biker death crash on road near Ipswich
- 8 Supermarket chain set to recruit thousands more staff
- 9 'Yet another blow' as town bank earmarked for closure
- 10 'Striking' Ipswich town centre office block on sale for £3million
“From Nacton to Sevenhills is closed to traffic with everything getting off the road at Nacton.”
This is the latest information we have received from Highways England - we will be updating the story as the evening progresses.