Latvian charged with Suffolk murder
MURDER is the charge against a Latvian man due to appear in court today, more than a year after a Suffolk businessman died.Phillip Saville, a married father-of-two from Little Wratting, near Haverhill, died from head injuries in August 2001 after a late-night street fight in Soho, London.
MURDER is the charge against a Latvian man due to appear in court today,
more than a year after a Suffolk businessman died.
Phillip Saville, a married father-of-two from Little Wratting, near Haverhill, died from head injuries in August 2001 after a late-night street fight in Soho, London.
Last night, after more than two days of questioning, Russian-speaking Latvian Grigorijs Zamerzlaks, 27, was charged with the 40-year-old's murder.
You may also want to watch:
He will appear before magistrates in Horseferry Road, London, today .
Police released a second man without charge.
- 1 Air ambulance lands near Ipswich shops after medical emergency
- 2 Ipswich tops rankings for Suffolk's Japanese knotweed infestations
- 3 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 4 Person in hospital after fire at Ipswich house
- 5 Ipswich crack cocaine and heroin dealer jailed
- 6 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 7 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 8 Closest Covid testing hub to Ipswich town centre forced to close
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Big Hoot revealed as latest Ipswich art trail for 2022
On the night he suffered the injuries, Mr Saville, director of a drilling company, had gone to London with three friends for a colleague's leaving party.
There was a fracas and he died more than two weeks later at Whittington Hospital, Highgate, north London.