Latvian charged with Suffolk murder
MURDER is the charge against a Latvian man due to appear in court today, more than a year after a Suffolk businessman died.Phillip Saville, a married father-of-two from Little Wratting, near Haverhill, died from head injuries in August 2001 after a late-night street fight in Soho, London.
MURDER is the charge against a Latvian man due to appear in court today,
more than a year after a Suffolk businessman died.
Phillip Saville, a married father-of-two from Little Wratting, near Haverhill, died from head injuries in August 2001 after a late-night street fight in Soho, London.
Last night, after more than two days of questioning, Russian-speaking Latvian Grigorijs Zamerzlaks, 27, was charged with the 40-year-old's murder.
You may also want to watch:
He will appear before magistrates in Horseferry Road, London, today .
Police released a second man without charge.
- 1 Car hits front of Ipswich convenience store
- 2 Look inside beautiful £1.2million home with a pool near Felixstowe
- 3 New home developments boost Ipswich's 'connected town' ambition
- 4 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 5 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 6 35 pictures from Ipswich Town's friendly clash with Palace
- 7 Christmas in July! Ipswich friends host summer festive feast
- 8 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 9 The 10 most Instagrammable spots in Ipswich - is your favourite on the list?
- 10 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
On the night he suffered the injuries, Mr Saville, director of a drilling company, had gone to London with three friends for a colleague's leaving party.
There was a fracas and he died more than two weeks later at Whittington Hospital, Highgate, north London.