Latvian charged with Suffolk murder
MURDER is the charge against a Latvian man due to appear in court today, more than a year after a Suffolk businessman died.Phillip Saville, a married father-of-two from Little Wratting, near Haverhill, died from head injuries in August 2001 after a late-night street fight in Soho, London.
MURDER is the charge against a Latvian man due to appear in court today,
more than a year after a Suffolk businessman died.
Phillip Saville, a married father-of-two from Little Wratting, near Haverhill, died from head injuries in August 2001 after a late-night street fight in Soho, London.
Last night, after more than two days of questioning, Russian-speaking Latvian Grigorijs Zamerzlaks, 27, was charged with the 40-year-old's murder.
He will appear before magistrates in Horseferry Road, London, today .
Police released a second man without charge.
- 1 Road near Ipswich town centre closed after crash involving motorcyclist
- 2 New independent baby shop opens in Ipswich
- 3 Man used drawstring from JD Sports bag to drag woman to the ground
- 4 Revealed: The most popular Suffolk fish and chip shop
- 5 'Fresh and timeless' Greek cuisine comes to Ipswich
- 6 Village suffers power cut for 7 hours after vehicle hits electricity pole
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 8 When will bins be collected in Ipswich this Bank Holiday weekend?
- 9 Suffolk man collapsed at friend's home
- 10 See inside Ipswich home with stunning views of the town from own turret
On the night he suffered the injuries, Mr Saville, director of a drilling company, had gone to London with three friends for a colleague's leaving party.
There was a fracas and he died more than two weeks later at Whittington Hospital, Highgate, north London.