Lawnmower causes traffic chaos
MOTORISTS faced long tailbacks on the A14 today – because of a lawnmower.The delays occurred after a huge piece of industrial mowing equipment which fell off the back of a lorry.
MOTORISTS faced long tailbacks on the A14 today – because of a lawnmower.
The delays occurred after a huge piece of industrial mowing equipment which fell off the back of a lorry.
The articulated truck shed its load at Trimley St Martin as it headed with its cargo along the dual carriageway for the Port of Felixstowe.
Police said it was understood the lorry was the only vehicle involved in the accident and no-one was injured. The mower was blocking the road.
You may also want to watch:
Officers had been sent to the scene to deal with the traffic congestion and try to keep vehicles moving while efforts were made to remove the cargo from the carriageway.
- 1 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 2 CCTV issued after thieves steal almost £900 in toys and food from B&M
- 3 Car ends up on side after crash involving parked car
- 4 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 5 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 6 Vandals strike at beautiful stately home near Ipswich during restoration
- 7 Pub owner on how 'amazing' community support helped venue survive
- 8 Meet the Ipswich 18-year-old who is now one of UK's youngest politicians
- 9 New primary and pre-school set for September 2022 opening
- 10 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected