Lawnmower causes traffic chaos
MOTORISTS faced long tailbacks on the A14 today – because of a lawnmower.The delays occurred after a huge piece of industrial mowing equipment which fell off the back of a lorry.
MOTORISTS faced long tailbacks on the A14 today – because of a lawnmower.
The delays occurred after a huge piece of industrial mowing equipment which fell off the back of a lorry.
The articulated truck shed its load at Trimley St Martin as it headed with its cargo along the dual carriageway for the Port of Felixstowe.
Police said it was understood the lorry was the only vehicle involved in the accident and no-one was injured. The mower was blocking the road.
You may also want to watch:
Officers had been sent to the scene to deal with the traffic congestion and try to keep vehicles moving while efforts were made to remove the cargo from the carriageway.
- 1 Audi left wrecked after late-night crash in Ipswich
- 2 Did you hear the loud 'bang' coming from Ipswich park?
- 3 Work to start on 150 new Ipswich council homes next year
- 4 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 5 Family concerned after 15-year-old girl reported missing from Ipswich
- 6 Woman 'alarmed and distressed' after verbal abuse in Ipswich
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: Burglar, dangerous driver and drug dealer put behind bars
- 8 New homes and dormitory block planned for Ipswich school site
- 9 See inside 5 of the most expensive dream homes in Ipswich
- 10 Man, 20, to face trial over £1,500 drug haul