Leg horror was Maria's lucky break
A GYMNAST whose leg was smashed in a freak trampoline accident is facing a bright future today - after falling in love with the man she was bouncing with at the time.
By Richard Cornwell
A GYMNAST whose leg was smashed in a freak trampoline accident is facing a bright future today after falling in love with the man she was bouncing with at the time.
For sports coach Maria Chapman, the freak accident which shattered her leg was the worst and most painful moment of her life.
But now she is bouncing back to fitness – and has found love on the way with the man who was with her when she suffered her horrific injury.
You may also want to watch:
Maria, 29, has amazed doctors with how quickly her leg has mended and her determination to carry on life as normal.
FULL HEART-WARMING STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 2 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 3 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 5 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 6 Police make third arrest following Nacton stabbing
- 7 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 8 Police attend Ipswich Waterfront property as part of murder probe
- 9 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 10 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid