Leg horror was Maria's lucky break
A GYMNAST whose leg was smashed in a freak trampoline accident is facing a bright future today - after falling in love with the man she was bouncing with at the time.
By Richard Cornwell
A GYMNAST whose leg was smashed in a freak trampoline accident is facing a bright future today after falling in love with the man she was bouncing with at the time.
For sports coach Maria Chapman, the freak accident which shattered her leg was the worst and most painful moment of her life.
But now she is bouncing back to fitness – and has found love on the way with the man who was with her when she suffered her horrific injury.
You may also want to watch:
Maria, 29, has amazed doctors with how quickly her leg has mended and her determination to carry on life as normal.
FULL HEART-WARMING STORY IN TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Felixstowe beach hut sells for record price of £65k within hours
- 4 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 5 Ipswich landlord fined £4K for leaving mountain of rubbish outside property
- 6 Police investigate illegal Kesgrave bike jumps
- 7 Man, 71, downloaded child porn after accident affected his sex life
- 8 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 9 Cheers! Ipswich pubs and restaurants welcome first indoor guests of 2021
- 10 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons