Lenny's stand up show for Ipswich
WHAT do you get if you mix a life-time of children's television, comic strip, television drama and some of the best stand up around? Lenny Henry of course, and he is back on stage with his new stand up show and coming to Ipswich very soon.
By Victoria Knowles
WHAT do you get if you mix a life-time of children's television, comic strip, television drama and some of the best stand up around?
Lenny Henry of course, and he is back on stage with his new stand up show and coming to Ipswich very soon.
"Have You Seen This Man?" Tour 2002 combines all the elements that make Lenny unique. Impressions, characterisations and a love all things naughty but nice.
Lenny talks about his mother's legendary trip to England in the 50s, being a 21st century guy and many other things based on the observations and characterisations he has become so renowned for.
"Stand up is my first love. I have been doing it since I was 16. The trick is to find new ways of presenting my observations," he said.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at park in Ipswich
- 2 Police launch appeal to identify man after incident in Ipswich
- 3 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 4 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 5 Animal sex charges against Kesgrave vet dropped, but child images admitted
- 6 Woman jailed for having sex with Ipswich schoolboy
- 7 Food review, La Cueva, Ipswich: 'Delicious food... and sparkly cocktails!'
- 8 Jail for Ipswich man who stole £2,000 worth of goods from Suffolk stores
- 9 Teenage moped driver arrested in Ipswich after failing drug test
- 10 Ipswich Music Day 2022: All you need to know
Lenny's first brush with fame was winning "New Faces" by doing impressions of Frank Spencer.
Impersonations and characterisations have formed an important part of his career through children's television, Comic Strip and other successful television work like Chef and Hope & Glory.
Lenny is also soon to return to our screens in his Golden Rose of Montreux winning comedy series, "Lenny Henry in Pieces".
If you fancy a night with Lenny, here is your chance to win a pair of tickets for his show on March 19 at the Regent Theatre. Simply answer the question below and send your answers to: Evening Star, c/o Victoria Knowles, Lower Brook Street, Ipswich IP4 1AN.
Which children's television programme shot Lenny Henry to fame in the mid 1970s?