Letitia: From EastEnders to Cinders
VIDEO STAR of this year's Christmas pantomime in Ipswich, Letitia Dean, is preparing to be watched by millions in the next series of Strictly Come Dancing.Letitia is one of the 14 celebrities who have been signed up for this year's series and hopes to dance her way to the top, when the series begins in the next fortnight.
STAR of this year's Christmas pantomime in Ipswich, Letitia Dean, is preparing to be watched by millions in the next series of Strictly Come Dancing.
Letitia is one of the 14 celebrities who have been signed up for this year's series and hopes to dance her way to the top, when the series begins in the next fortnight.
Having had little experience of dancing while she was growing up, she is apprehensive about how she'll do on the show, which sees celebrities dancing with professionals.
Her dance partner, Darren Bennett, was with Emma Bunton last year.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “I'm like a rabbit in headlights. I'm still trying to work out what to do with my arms and hips. Darren has been very patient with me. We keep bursting into fits of giggles.
“The great thing about the show is the fact that you learn something new. Who doesn't want to know how to dance?”
- 1 Unex starts work at former Ipswich Debenhams store
- 2 Border Force 'urgently responding' to incident off the Harwich coast
- 3 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 4 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces
- 5 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 6 What are the Covid rates in Suffolk — and could Christmas be affected?
- 7 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 8 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 9 Cardinal Practice 'access issues' to be discussed at key NHS meeting
- 10 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
This year, Letitia, who is most famous for playing Sharon in EastEnders, is third favourite to win out of the girls, which includes Kelly Brook and Penny Lancaster.
Rehearsals for the panto begin on December 2 and the show starts on December 14.
Letitia said: “It is really exciting. I have just met everyone I will be working with and they are all lovely.
“The theatre is really stunning and I am not just saying that. I'm going to tell all my actor friends to come to Ipswich because the dressing rooms here are amazing.”
Letitia plans to stay in Ipswich for the duration of the run and is looking forward to going out in the marina, where her friend's father has a yacht.
As for future plans, she wants to get over the next two hurdles first.
“All I'm thinking at the moment is rumba. I will probably need a break after everything and take off my heels,” she added.
Cinderella runs from December 14 to January 6, 2008, with matinees and evening performances.
Ticket prices start at £10 and can be purchased from the box office on 01473 433100 or online at www.ipswichregent.com