Letitia: From EastEnders to Cinders
VIDEO STAR of this year's Christmas pantomime in Ipswich, Letitia Dean, is preparing to be watched by millions in the next series of Strictly Come Dancing.Letitia is one of the 14 celebrities who have been signed up for this year's series and hopes to dance her way to the top, when the series begins in the next fortnight.
STAR of this year's Christmas pantomime in Ipswich, Letitia Dean, is preparing to be watched by millions in the next series of Strictly Come Dancing.
Letitia is one of the 14 celebrities who have been signed up for this year's series and hopes to dance her way to the top, when the series begins in the next fortnight.
Having had little experience of dancing while she was growing up, she is apprehensive about how she'll do on the show, which sees celebrities dancing with professionals.
Her dance partner, Darren Bennett, was with Emma Bunton last year.
She said: “I'm like a rabbit in headlights. I'm still trying to work out what to do with my arms and hips. Darren has been very patient with me. We keep bursting into fits of giggles.
“The great thing about the show is the fact that you learn something new. Who doesn't want to know how to dance?”
- 1 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 2 Teenager sexually assaulted and then robbed in Ipswich
- 3 GALLERY: Photos show devastating aftermath of huge fire near Ipswich
- 4 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 5 Travellers pitch up in one of Ipswich's busiest parks
- 6 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
- 7 Teenager’s 10 year sentence is warning over ‘horrendous’ acid attacks
- 8 Open air theatre coming to Ipswich park later this month
- 9 Redundant care home being used as homes applying for planning after 5 years
- 10 Five West End shows coming to Ipswich
This year, Letitia, who is most famous for playing Sharon in EastEnders, is third favourite to win out of the girls, which includes Kelly Brook and Penny Lancaster.
Rehearsals for the panto begin on December 2 and the show starts on December 14.
Letitia said: “It is really exciting. I have just met everyone I will be working with and they are all lovely.
“The theatre is really stunning and I am not just saying that. I'm going to tell all my actor friends to come to Ipswich because the dressing rooms here are amazing.”
Letitia plans to stay in Ipswich for the duration of the run and is looking forward to going out in the marina, where her friend's father has a yacht.
As for future plans, she wants to get over the next two hurdles first.
“All I'm thinking at the moment is rumba. I will probably need a break after everything and take off my heels,” she added.
Cinderella runs from December 14 to January 6, 2008, with matinees and evening performances.
Ticket prices start at £10 and can be purchased from the box office on 01473 433100 or online at www.ipswichregent.com