Levington: Vehicle recovered from marina after accident
- Credit: Archant
A recovery operation was carried out at a marina in Suffolk this afternoon after a 4x4 car fell into the water.
The sunken vehicle was seen being removed from the water at Levington Marina and returned to dry land at around 1.30pm.
Joe Cohen, a sailor from London who was visiting one of the marina businesses, said it looked like an “expensive American Cherokee”.
It is believed the vehicle belongs to a couple who were visiting the marina to launch their boat.
Mr Cohen, 63, said he had heard the couple had been trying to launch their boat from a trailer attached to the vehicle when it went into the water.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Yacht Harbour, which runs the marina, did not want to comment on the incident.
- 1 'An absolute honour' –Ipswich woman crowned Miss Universe Great Britain
- 2 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 3 Ipswich market moves as work starts on Botanist restaurant
- 4 'Don't wait' - People urged to get coronavirus booster
- 5 Is a new tenant lined up to move into Ancient House in Ipswich?
- 6 Giant inflatable obstacle course coming to an Ipswich park
- 7 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 8 62-year-old arrested following incident in Ipswich town centre
- 9 Ipswich man saves father-in-law after cardiac arrest at beach day-out
- 10 Not long to wait for new café at Needham Lake