Light aircraft crashes in Suffolk
ONE person has been airlifted to hospital after a light aircraft crashed into a Suffolk field.
ONE person has been airlifted to hospital after a small plane crashed into a field in Suffolk.
Three people were on board the four-seater aircraft when the drama unfolded at 4.20pm on Saturday.
Suffolk police said they were alerted by the ambulance service to go to Brook Farm, Burgate, near Diss.
One person was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital with injuries that are understood not to be life threatening.
Two other people on board the plane were shaken after the accident and one was taken to hospital as a precautionary measure.
- 1 Man suffers fractured eye socket after attack outside Ipswich bus station
- 2 Woman who stole £24k from school and football club to face sentence
- 3 Suffolk rail services affected after person hit by a train
- 4 Unclaimed £83k winning EuroMillions lottery ticket was bought in Suffolk
- 5 Police concerned for welfare of missing Suffolk man last seen two weeks ago
- 6 Ipswich climber's death was a 'tragic and unexpected accident'
- 7 Severe delays on A14 outside Ipswich after vehicle sheds turf on road
- 8 Former town council manager named as woman who died in A11 crash
- 9 Victim bundled into car and hit with hammer, robbery and kidnap trial hears
- 10 'Last opportunity' - revised application for three homes in Ipswich
A spokeswoman for Suffolk police said air accident investigators would study what had happened.
Anyone who witnessed the accident is asked to call Suffolk police on 01473 613500.