Key town centre road to be closed for emergency repairs
- Credit: Archant
A key road which forms a route through a Suffolk town is to be closed for most of today (Wednesday, December 19) so that emergency repairs can be carried out.
Suffolk Highways, which maintains the majority of the county’s road network, said that the full length of Lion Lane in Needham Market would be closed for the works.
The organisation posted a notice about the road closure on its Twitter page and asked motorists to follow the diversion while the route is shut between 9.30am and 3.30pm.
Suffolk Highways is responsible for the maintenance of roads and pavements in the county.
This includes fixing potholes, as well as planning works like resurfacing and other improvement schemes.
You may also want to watch:
The organisation gives a greater priority to the repair of roads that carry higher numbers of vehicles, with the most critical roads being fixed in two hours if they are seen to have defects.
- 1 Covid vaccines cancelled at four Suffolk centres today – this is why
- 2 Good Inside cafe opens for 'real food' takeaways in Ipswich town centre
- 3 Three fined for breaching Covid rules after reports of 'gathering'
- 4 Ipswich child rapist gets 21 years for 'despicable' crimes
- 5 Murder probe launched after woman in 20s dies in Colchester
- 6 Warning after distraction thefts at supermarkets
- 7 Man 'moved on' for eating sausage roll on Ipswich park bench
- 8 What was unearthed during the BBC's Antiques Roadshow Ipswich episode?
- 9 Huge numbers of Covid vaccine bookings in Suffolk
- 10 New cheese afternoon tea launched in Suffolk