Little Britain to make big impact
CULT comedy kings David Walliams and Matt Lucas are bringing the colourful world of Little Britain to Ipswich.The award-winning duo are taking their hit BBC show on the road in the autumn next year and are booked in to stop off at the Regent on December 5.
CULT comedy kings David Walliams and Matt Lucas are bringing the colourful world of Little Britain to Ipswich.
The award-winning duo are taking their hit BBC show on the road in the autumn next year and are booked in to stop off at the Regent on December 5.
All the well known people of Little Britain will be touring with the show including teenager Vicky Pollard, Lou and Andy, Emily "I'm a lady" Howard and Daffyd, the only gay in the village.
While the date may be more than a year away, tickets go on sale on Saturday and are expected to be snapped up very quickly.
You may also want to watch:
Little Britain is the twisted brainchild of David and Matt who have won a Bafta and National Television Award for their comedy genius.
It is already a roaring success on television and is halfway through the new, second series on BBC3 on which the first episode broke channel records by attracting an audience of 1.8 million. The series will start on BBC1 on December 3.
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 3 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 6 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 7 Well-known Felixstowe bookseller to retire and hand over to vinyl store
- 8 'It's like we're in the stone age' - Homophobic abuse halts LGBT+ parties
- 9 Man caused £26k worth of damage after setting fire to van and car
- 10 Major Ipswich road partially blocked after crash involving Audi and Mercedes
Meanwhile the DVD of the first series continues to become one of the biggest selling comedy releases of the year. It sold over 325,000 copies in the first month of release alone and is a sure-fire must have gift for many fans this Christmas.
Also available are live recordings of the original Little Britain Radio 4 series and a book featuring the complete scripts of series one.
And now to top off the success of Little Britain in 2004 comes the announcement of the tour, which already promises to be one of the hottest tickets in town.
David added: "We are already putting the show together. Everyone's favourite characters from both series will appear including Vicky Pollard, Emily Howard, Bubbles, Sebastian and Daffyd.
"We hope it's going to be one of the biggest and best comedy tours ever."
Matt added: "We started out doing live shows together but we haven't toured the UK since 1997, so we're really looking forward to getting back on stage.
"We like to be quite naughty and spontaneous, getting the audience involved. In fact, we used to confiscate people's shoes so beware!"
n Little Britain will be at Ipswich Regent on December 5, 2005. Tickets will go on sale at 10am on Saturday from the Central Box Office, in Princes Street, Ipswich, by calling 01473 433100 or 0870 011 2626 or online at www.ipswichregent.com or www.ticketzone.co.uk