Little star shines for Queen
THANK you, my Star!That was the message from one grateful Ipswich family who had a day in a million when they received tickets to see the Queen from the Evening Star's special allocation.
By James Fraser
THANK you, my Star!
That was the message from one grateful Ipswich family who had a day in a million when they received tickets to see the Queen from the Evening Star's special allocation.
Five-year-old Georgia Mann waited two hours to meet the Queen and hand her a patriotic posy of red, white and blue flowers.
You may also want to watch:
The Star featured Georgia's proud moment in its stunning line-up of pictures of Her Majesty's historic golden jubilee visit to Ipswich and Suffolk last week.
Her overjoyed mum, Christine, of Brunswick Road, Ipswich, wrote to the Star to say thank you.
- 1 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 2 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 3 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 4 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 5 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 6 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Lounge bar with bespoke cocktails and tapas to open at Ipswich waterfront
- 9 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
- 10 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
"It made our year," she wrote. "My daughter gave her posy to the Queen which we had made at Belvedere Road florists. We were also on Look East which was great for her to remember her day as we taped it.
"She waited two hours to see her which for a five-year-old is difficult.
"We also saw a picture on the website (www.eveningstar.co.uk) with the Queen looking at Georgia's posy – which we will order shortly.
"We stood next to a lovely couple to whom we got chatting and who are also keen Star readers. John and Molly – they were great company for our wait. We had a few laughs and they were people I felt lucky to have met.
"Thanks a million – Christine and Georgia Mann. PS the Evening Star is great value and has the best coverage of the best events."