Little star shines for Queen
THANK you, my Star!That was the message from one grateful Ipswich family who had a day in a million when they received tickets to see the Queen from the Evening Star's special allocation.
By James Fraser
THANK you, my Star!
That was the message from one grateful Ipswich family who had a day in a million when they received tickets to see the Queen from the Evening Star's special allocation.
Five-year-old Georgia Mann waited two hours to meet the Queen and hand her a patriotic posy of red, white and blue flowers.
You may also want to watch:
The Star featured Georgia's proud moment in its stunning line-up of pictures of Her Majesty's historic golden jubilee visit to Ipswich and Suffolk last week.
Her overjoyed mum, Christine, of Brunswick Road, Ipswich, wrote to the Star to say thank you.
- 1 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 2 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 3 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 4 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 5 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 6 CCTV images issued following theft from car in Ipswich
- 7 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 8 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 9 Police make third arrest following Nacton stabbing
- 10 Police attend Ipswich Waterfront property as part of murder probe
"It made our year," she wrote. "My daughter gave her posy to the Queen which we had made at Belvedere Road florists. We were also on Look East which was great for her to remember her day as we taped it.
"She waited two hours to see her which for a five-year-old is difficult.
"We also saw a picture on the website (www.eveningstar.co.uk) with the Queen looking at Georgia's posy – which we will order shortly.
"We stood next to a lovely couple to whom we got chatting and who are also keen Star readers. John and Molly – they were great company for our wait. We had a few laughs and they were people I felt lucky to have met.
"Thanks a million – Christine and Georgia Mann. PS the Evening Star is great value and has the best coverage of the best events."