Live travel update: Danger still lurks on roads
DRIVING conditions improved on Suffolk’s main roads today as a mini-thaw arrived.
But dangers are still lurking – so do beware as you come in to work or go for the last-minute Christmas shopping.
Snow and slush still persists at the edges of the main roads - but traffic was flowing normally on the A12 and A14.
The temperature gauge in my car went in to the plus zone for the first time in days – up to the balmy heights of +3C.
It appears many commuters have already started their holidays – traffic was much lighter today.
You may also want to watch:
All eyes will be on the weather overnight, when some more snow is predicted.
- Watch this space for further updates.
- 1 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 2 Police release CCTV after wallet stolen from Aldi store in Ipswich
- 3 Woman's bank cards used minutes after being stolen in supermarket car park
- 4 Aldi looking for new site in north east Ipswich
- 5 Police find cannabis growing by the side of A14
- 6 Covid rules reintroduced at Ipswich school after cases surge
- 7 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 8 'I want to train as HGV driver but there are so many delays'
- 9 New Starbucks coffee shop planned for Ipswich town centre
- 10 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s