Live update: Fog and ice problems for drivers
DON’T be fooled – driving conditions are still very difficult in Suffolk this morning.
The weekend thaw meant some respite from the early winter ice and snow – but freezing conditions returned overnight – and fog added to the worries.
The top of the Orwell Bridge was foggy – as were several other parts of the county – but, thankfully, no accidents were reported by 8.15am.
Ice and remaining snow was a problem at the edge of some roads – the Bourne roundabout at the end of Wherstead Road being one tricky spot.
Gritting teams are still in action – and they’ll be needed.
You may also want to watch:
It won’t get above freezing all today – and bitter conditions, albeit with snow, will persist all week.
Many drivers are today finding out they’ll need new windscreen wipers after losing the edges when trying to clear ice.
- 1 Documentary on former world’s fattest man Paul Mason set to air
- 2 Drink driver found slumped at wheel after partying until 7am
- 3 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 4 Ipswich Flooring Superstore opening brings jobs and investment
- 5 Man arrested following Ipswich sexual assault
- 6 £1,600 worth of power tools stolen while owner was shopping
- 7 'Small number' of street workers in Ipswich, 15 years after Steve Wright murders
- 8 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 9 Suffolk police share ridiculous reasons for 999 calls
- 10 New movie to be shot in Suffolk in 2022, author announces