London man who sold drugs in Ipswich jailed
- Credit: Archant
A 29-year-old man who came to Ipswich from London to sell drugs has been jailed for three years.
Police officers keeping watch on a block of flats in the town arrested Ashley Bramble last month, Ipswich Crown Court heard.
Bramble, of London, admitted possessing heroin and crack cocaine with intent to supply on October 8 this year.
Jailing him for three years Judge John Devaux said Bramble was an entrenched drug user.
He said that in addition to eight wraps of crack cocaine and one of heroin found in Bramble’s possession, £500 cash was found hidden in one of his shoes.
Judge Devaux said that two incriminating text messages were also found on Bramble’s mobile phone.
“You live outside Suffolk and came to Suffolk to sell drugs,” said the judge.
- 1 Man 'punched and slashed' in serious assault in car park at Ipswich B&M
- 2 Ellie uses 4 tonne truck to make impressive entrance at school prom
- 3 Burger van owner's anger after thieves steal food from trailer in Ipswich
- 4 Ipswich firm admits mis-selling foam loft insulation to Suffolk customers
- 5 'Fantastic opportunity' as Ipswich's Thomas Wolsey pub listed for sale
- 6 Travellers remain at Ipswich park after arrival last week
- 7 Tent, kitchen units and bedding dumped in 'unsightly' fly-tipping
- 8 Search ongoing for 29-year-old Suffolk man missing for three weeks
- 9 Ipswich man, 27, arrested after stabbing in Bury St Edmunds car park
- 10 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
Folishade Abiodun, for Bramble, said her client had six children aged between three and ten and was remorseful for committing the offences.
She said that although he has previous convictions for the possession of drugs he did not have any for possession with intent to supply.