Lonely Molly ready to take the lead in hunt for her Valentine!
Female dog seeks non-smoking male in good working order with GSOH* for STR. Must have own collar and lead. WLTM.
It may be Valentine’s Day and the time to look for love but this is no ordinary Lonely Hearts column.
In fact romance is far from being on the cards as the owner of 15-month-old cockapoo, Molly, is looking for a mate for her to breed with.
Carol Jones resorted to desperate measures to find Molly a partner by placing an advert in a shop window after her pet pooch was cruelly jilted by her prospective mate by a text message when his owners decided not to go ahead with the pairing.
Carol, who works in gift shop Glyph in Hamilton Road, is hoping to breed Molly and now hopes that a family dog in the area will fit the bill.
She said: “We had a young dog lined up for her but the owners decided not to go ahead with her.
“We went out for walks and Molly really liked him but the owners felt they couldn’t go ahead with it.
- 1 Woman injured after car flips on its roof near Ipswich
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 Developer criticised for 'failing to meet obligations'
- 4 WATCH: Adorable family of foxes enjoy play time at an Ipswich doorstep
- 5 Friends raise money for garden for terminally ill Suffolk mum
- 6 Mother who befriended son's killer discusses his new book
- 7 Jail for man who drove stolen car at police officers
- 8 Fencing around historic Trimley station causes scare for local community
- 9 Suffolk fish and chip van to feature on Escape to the Country
- 10 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
“She was text dumped so then we did the sign.”
Carol, 48, took the decision to breed Molly last year after a number of her customers told her they would like a similar type of dog.
She added: “So many people come into the shop and when they see her, they want a Molly. They always say that if I breed her I should let them know.
“They want to make sure they get a dog like Molly. The decision to breed her was made last year.”
If you think your dog could make an ideal match for Molly this Valentine’s Day, pop into Glyph and have a chat with Carol.
Have you got a quirky story to tell about your animal? Write to Your Letters, Ipswich Star, 30 Lower Brook Street, Ipswich, IP4 1AN, or you can send an e-mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
*GSOH – Good sense of humour
*STR – Short term relationship
*WLTM – Would like to meet