Long Melford fire-raisers sought
ARSONISTS are being blamed for starting two massive stack fires on either side of the Long Melford bypass at Acton.Fires were spotted just after 11.30pm on Wednesday and fire-fighters were still damping down the following morning.
ARSONISTS are being blamed for starting two massive stack fires on either side of the Long Melford bypass at Acton.
The fires were spotted just after 11.30pm on Wednesday and firefighters were still damping down the following morning.
A spokeswoman for the fire service said three crews, two from Sudbury and one from Long Melford, were called to the fires in 200 tonne stacks.
The fires spread to burn undergrowth, bushes and railway sleepers before fireighters had themunder control in the early hours. They also used a water bowser from Newmarket to help tackle the fires.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokeswoman said the incidents were being treated as arson and officers are appealing for any witnesses or people with information about what happened to contact them on 01284 774100.
- 1 Ipswich tech firm warns of spyware scare on Apple devices
- 2 First look at full schedule for Sound City Ipswich music festival
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 4 Felixstowe man caught with thousands of indecent images of children
- 5 Lloyds Bank branch closes temporarily as staff self-isolate due to Covid
- 6 Waterfront restaurant with 145 wines crowned best in Ipswich
- 7 Former charity worker denies fraud and will face trial
- 8 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 Triumph Tiger rider denies being over alcohol limit