Longer wait for Sproughton post office
SUFFOLK villagers will have to wait another month for the return of their much-missed post office.Sproughton has been without a post office since the Lower Street shop shut its doors in April last year.
SUFFOLK villagers will have to wait another month for the return of their much-missed post office.
Sproughton has been without a post office since the Lower Street shop shut its doors in April last year.
It seemed the wait was finally over when it was announced a new store would be opened on June 5.
But now villagers are being made to wait another month after 'unforseen circumstances' put the opening date back to July 3.
You may also want to watch:
Post Office rural transfer adviser Lydia King said: "We are making every effort to restore a post office branch to Sproughton and we share our customers disappointment at this slight delay in restoring valued post office services to the village.
"Post Office ltd is committed to giving our customers the best possible experience when using the new branch and so it has been necessary to put the opening back.
- 1 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 2 Meet the Ipswich teenage singer who gave £17.5k away to charity
- 3 Duo jailed after 63 bags of cocaine found in hotel room
- 4 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 5 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 6 Ipswich man charged with attempted murder
- 7 Jailed in Suffolk: See the three men locked up this week
- 8 Man to face trial over claims he sexually assaulted toddler in the street
- 9 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 10 Police identify man in CCTV images after 'spitting' incident
"We are sure that this extra time will ensure that all our customers will be pleased with their new post office when its doors open in July."
The new branch will be in Church Lane – just 500 yards from the old one.
All the old pensions, benefits and tax credit services will be offered. But improved access for wheelchairs and pushchairs will be a new feature.
The new post office will also feature a loop system for the hard of hearing.