Longer wait for Sproughton post office
SUFFOLK villagers will have to wait another month for the return of their much-missed post office.Sproughton has been without a post office since the Lower Street shop shut its doors in April last year.
SUFFOLK villagers will have to wait another month for the return of their much-missed post office.
Sproughton has been without a post office since the Lower Street shop shut its doors in April last year.
It seemed the wait was finally over when it was announced a new store would be opened on June 5.
But now villagers are being made to wait another month after 'unforseen circumstances' put the opening date back to July 3.
Post Office rural transfer adviser Lydia King said: "We are making every effort to restore a post office branch to Sproughton and we share our customers disappointment at this slight delay in restoring valued post office services to the village.
"Post Office ltd is committed to giving our customers the best possible experience when using the new branch and so it has been necessary to put the opening back.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 New store opens in California fulfilling owner's dream
- 3 Thousands of cigarettes seized after HMRC officers raid Ipswich stores
- 4 Pensioner who was racially abusive has jail sentence cut
- 5 Online shoppers head to Ipswich for big brands like Primark
- 6 Ipswich man charged with string of motoring offences
- 7 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 8 Could American fast food chain Wendy's open a Suffolk restaurant next year?
- 9 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 10 Gambling addict stole £25k from elderly woman she befriended
"We are sure that this extra time will ensure that all our customers will be pleased with their new post office when its doors open in July."
The new branch will be in Church Lane – just 500 yards from the old one.
All the old pensions, benefits and tax credit services will be offered. But improved access for wheelchairs and pushchairs will be a new feature.
The new post office will also feature a loop system for the hard of hearing.