Longer wait for Sproughton post office
SUFFOLK villagers will have to wait another month for the return of their much-missed post office.Sproughton has been without a post office since the Lower Street shop shut its doors in April last year.
SUFFOLK villagers will have to wait another month for the return of their much-missed post office.
Sproughton has been without a post office since the Lower Street shop shut its doors in April last year.
It seemed the wait was finally over when it was announced a new store would be opened on June 5.
But now villagers are being made to wait another month after 'unforseen circumstances' put the opening date back to July 3.
Post Office rural transfer adviser Lydia King said: "We are making every effort to restore a post office branch to Sproughton and we share our customers disappointment at this slight delay in restoring valued post office services to the village.
"Post Office ltd is committed to giving our customers the best possible experience when using the new branch and so it has been necessary to put the opening back.
- 1 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 2 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 3 Ipswich residents' frustration over parking chaos
- 4 Suffolk's top 10 fish and chip shops as voted by our readers - now pick a winner
- 5 Warehousing units take shape at Ipswich as demand rockets
- 6 Tributes to Ipswich's 'Mr Buses'
- 7 Calls to crush and seize cars to tackle ongoing anti-social behaviour
- 8 Girl, 15, followed by man while walking dog in village near Ipswich
- 9 7 of the best Chinese restaurants with delivery in Ipswich
- 10 Ipswich drug dealer found with 30 bags of cocaine jailed
"We are sure that this extra time will ensure that all our customers will be pleased with their new post office when its doors open in July."
The new branch will be in Church Lane – just 500 yards from the old one.
All the old pensions, benefits and tax credit services will be offered. But improved access for wheelchairs and pushchairs will be a new feature.
The new post office will also feature a loop system for the hard of hearing.