Looking back at a day of BMX mayhem at Landseer Park in 1984
- Credit: Archant
Following the latest round of BMX competitions at Landseer Park in Ipswich this week, we look back to 1984 when racers took to the track on a warm summers day.
May 14 brought the BMX East Regional Round three event to the Landseer Park and with their next event on May 21 in Royston, we are taking a look back to 1984 when racers took to the track on a warm summers day.
Bicycle motocross normally consists of up to eight racers taking to the starting gate on a course that is made up of various jumps and banked corners which aid in racers maintaining their speeds.
The races themselves are held on single lap off-road tracks leaving little room for error on these high speed races.
The sport itself is also a part of the Olympic games, and was included in the 2008 games in Beijing.
You may also want to watch:
In Suffolk, however, the Ipswich BMX Club has been running since 1980 and there have been numerous races and training sessions held at Landseer Park since its inception. Have you raced on the Landseer Park track?
Have you raced on the Landseer Park track? Let us know by emailing our picture desk.
- 1 Tributes paid to inspirational Ipswich teenager Harrison Boyd, 13
- 2 Three fire engines called to Ipswich flat fire
- 3 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 4 Man jailed after safe stolen from Spread Eagle pub
- 5 Members of 'notorious' Ipswich gang jailed for 19 years
- 6 Updated: Bury Road reopened after two car collision near BMW garage
- 7 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 Superhero send off planned for 'charismatic and cheeky' Alexander, 15
- 10 Daughter pays tribute to keen sailor with 'contagious energy'