Looking back at when Crown Pools were first opened in 1984
- Credit: Archant
Delving into the archives we look back at to when Ipswich Crown Pools was first opened in 1984 and taking a look at those who took the time to queue up to enjoy the new leisure facility.
In the photos you can see those taking advantage of the leisure pool as well as taking a dip into the competition pool as well, being among the first to test the waters at the new pools.
Since the pool has opened it has seen plenty of investment and improvement, looking ahead for the future.
All three pools saw vast improvements in 2012, with £4 million being spent on the project to upgrade the facilities in the complex.
Over the course of the project, the roof was strengthened, new heating and filtering systems were installed among a general redecortation that happened in time for the Olympic fever that took over the nation in 2012
You may also want to watch:
Are you amongst those that first swam in Crown pools? Let us know at Suffolkpicturedesk@archant.co.uk
- 1 Brunch trip leaves friend group 'anxious' after spiking fears
- 2 Crime map shows locations of weapons offences in Ipswich
- 3 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 4 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 5 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 6 London man who travelled to meet decoy teen to stand trial
- 7 Former Ipswich teacher appears in court charged with historic sex offences
- 8 Supermarket switch opens door to new Ipswich Lidl
- 9 First look inside Ipswich's new Geek Retreat games cafe
- 10 Ipswich parents can 'survive not thrive' on £15 half-term food vouchers