A14 re-opened after lorry goes over the central reservation
- Credit: Archant
Drivers reported delays in and around Ipswich this evening after a collision between a car and a lorry.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said that they had been called to the scene shortly before 6pm this evening to the A14 eastbound.
They said that a HGV had gone over the central reservation.
Recovery was called to the scene for both vehicles.
There were delays up the A14 towards Wherstead as traffic made its way through the closure.
Highways England warned drivers to allow extra time for their journeys because of the delays.
Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed policing explained the reason for the delays on Twitter: “Thank you for your patience with the long delays on the A14 eastbound this evening at Wherstead due to a 2 vehicle RTC. Thankfully only minor injuries for those involved.
- 1 Ipswich man charged with string of sexual offences
- 2 Could you offer one of these rescue animals their forever home in Suffolk?
- 3 Revealed: All the places crimes were reported in Ipswich in April
- 4 Tributes paid to 'calm and caring' grassroots football stalwart 'Mr Exiles'
- 5 Popular Ipswich motorcycle show to return for 30th year
- 6 'They saved our boy's life' - Fundraiser for hospital that helped little Rocco
- 7 Swimming pool at primary school open again after two years
- 8 7 walks in Suffolk with a stunning view
- 9 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
- 10 Regent expansion project takes step forward as plans urged for approval
“Extended closure required for @HighwaysEAST checks on carriageway and central reservation. #109 #1888”