A14 re-opened after lorry goes over the central reservation
- Credit: Archant
Drivers reported delays in and around Ipswich this evening after a collision between a car and a lorry.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said that they had been called to the scene shortly before 6pm this evening to the A14 eastbound.
They said that a HGV had gone over the central reservation.
Recovery was called to the scene for both vehicles.
There were delays up the A14 towards Wherstead as traffic made its way through the closure.
You may also want to watch:
Highways England warned drivers to allow extra time for their journeys because of the delays.
Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed policing explained the reason for the delays on Twitter: “Thank you for your patience with the long delays on the A14 eastbound this evening at Wherstead due to a 2 vehicle RTC. Thankfully only minor injuries for those involved.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 5 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 6 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
“Extended closure required for @HighwaysEAST checks on carriageway and central reservation. #109 #1888”