Lorry driver recovering after accident
A LORRY driver from Ipswich is today recovering after suffering arm and leg injuries in an accident.The motorist was driving a blue Mercedes HGV which overturned yesterday while negotiating a bend near junction 12 of the M60 in the anti-clockwise carriageway, just outside Manchester.
A LORRY driver from Ipswich is today recovering after suffering arm and leg injuries in an accident.
The motorist was driving a blue Mercedes HGV which overturned yesterdaywhile negotiating a bend near junction 12 of the M60 in the anti-clockwise carriageway, just outside Manchester.
The driver was trapped for a short time but he was soon freed by a crew from the Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service.
A stretch of the road was closed for some time while the vehicle was recovered, causing traffic to build up in the area.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for the Greater Manchester Police said the casualty was taken to hospital for treatment to an arm and leg injury. His injuries are not thought to be life threatening.
- 1 Woman seriously injured in accident on major Ipswich road
- 2 Curve Bar nights out and special events - are you in these photos?
- 3 Police concerned for missing man from Kesgrave
- 4 Lorry 'not seen' by crane operator in container crush, port say
- 5 ‘Totally unacceptable’ - Cladding fears for Waterfront blocks near Aurora
- 6 Inside quirky off-grid houseboat with stunning river views - yours for £500k
- 7 Construction work begins on TV set ahead of Amazon series filming
- 8 Kesgrave shooting trial enters final stages
- 9 'Hammer seen' in robbery by group of males at Felixstowe Skatepark
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today