Lorry loses a wheel on A14 eastbound carriageway of Orwell Bridge
- Credit: Gregg Brown
There were long queues on the A14 over the Orwell Bridge this afternoon due to a broken down vehicle.
A large lorry lost one of its wheels while travelling in lane one of the eastbound carriageway just before 12noon today.
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary said no one was injured during the incident.
The road was clear by 1pm.
Suffolk’s road policing team issued a warning to drivers via Twitter.
Traffic was reported to be tailing back to Wherstead while the lorry blocked the carriageway.
- 1 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 2 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 Open day for Ipswich pub on sale for £300,000
- 5 Woman who claimed council tax support had income of £100k per year
- 6 ‘I’ve got no life’ - Ipswich woman's agony as she waits for operation
- 7 Man with learning difficulties will not go to prison for sex offence
- 8 Drug dealer found with cannabis, 133 tablets and cash jailed
- 9 Ladies night event in Kesgrave with strippers sold-out in five days
- 10 Hunt for Vicky's killer continues nearly six months after suspect arrested