Louts giving law the two-finger salute
TWO fingers - that is what hooligans like terror teen Jason Nicholls give to efforts to bring them to justice.Today the Evening Star tells how Suffolk's towns and villages are continuing to suffer at the hands of unruly yobs like Nicholls, who wreaked havoc in east Ipswich.
TWO fingers - that is what hooligans like terror teen Jason Nicholls give to efforts to bring them to justice.
Today the Evening Star tells how Suffolk's towns and villages are continuing to suffer at the hands of unruly yobs like Nicholls, who wreaked havoc in east Ipswich.
Current anti-thug measures are clearly failing to fulfil their role.
Yesterday Tony Blair insisted that there is "no bigger issue in our communities" than stamping down on loutish behaviour and it was "absolutely vital" that new powers in the anti-social behaviour Bill are granted to give police power to crack down on troublemakers.
You may also want to watch:
His own home secretary David Blunkett has accepted that the present system of slapping anti-social behaviour orders on offenders to ban them from favourite haunts is failing to curb the problem.
Yet the Evening Star reveals how the people of Suffolk have lost faith in the ability of the system to bring these idiots to justice.
- 1 Man caught in Ipswich park paedophile sting jailed for more than two years
- 2 Should buses be kept out of Ipswich's Upper Brook Street?
- 3 Ipswich teenage boy arrested over stabbing
- 4 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 5 Ipswich lorry drivers raise a glass as haulage firm launches in-house watering hole
- 6 Couple avoid jail for campaign of harassment against neighbour
- 7 Five of the best places to cure your hangover in Ipswich
- 8 Farmland 'years away' from development, says builder
- 9 Woman accused of fraudulently giving £75k to son while bankrupt
- 10 Man taken to hospital after becoming stuck in mud in Ipswich riverbank
A small band of youngsters has persisted in bringing fear and disruption to our communities, leaving you in no doubt that the current system is falling short of what it should be - a heavily supported government crackdown.
For the sake of people whose lives are made hell, we demand: Enough of talking and political gestures, do something to end the misery.
SEE TONIGHT'S EVENING STAR FOR THE FULL STORY