Lucky escape for drivers in pile up
FOUR people were lucky to escape with their lives today after a three-vehicle smash on a Suffolk road.A white Ford Transit panel van, travelling from Ipswich to Manningtree, was in collision with another Ford Transit van and a dark green Peugeot 306 travelling in the opposite direction.
FOUR people were lucky to escape with their lives today after a three-vehicle smash on a Suffolk road.
A white Ford Transit panel van, travelling from Ipswich to Manningtree, was in collision with another Ford Transit van and a dark green Peugeot 306 travelling in the opposite direction.
The smash took place on the A137 in Wherstead around 10am today.
Pc Graham Amey, who was at the scene, said: "The female driver of the Peugeot was taken to hospital, but her injuries are not believed to be life-threatening."
You may also want to watch:
The 19-year-old old driver of the Ford Transit panel van – belonging to Carter Builder - and his companion walked away from the scene.
Tony Woods, 37, of Station Lane, Harwich, who had been driving the second Ford Transit van, suffered cuts and bruises to his hands and elbows.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Heavy police presence spotted in Ipswich as man arrested
- 3 Rushmere man admits downloading indecent images of children
- 4 9 bargain attractions within an hour of Ipswich
- 5 Hail, thunder and gusty winds forecast for Suffolk
- 6 Pub bosses hope for 'return to normality' as Covid cases fall in Ipswich
- 7 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 8 Ipswich father caught with indecent images of children avoids jail
- 9 Woman in 80s remains in hospital after serious collision in Ipswich
- 10 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
He said: "After the crash I felt sick. But I was more concerned for the lady in the car in front. I went and turned off her engine.
"Then I just tried to calm her down and tell her the emergency services were on their way.
"She was very, very upset and distressed."
The Peugeot and Mr Woods' van ended up in the grass verge on one side of the road, while the Carter Builder van ended up on the other.
The road was closed for more than an hour.